Finally, it’s Blue Balls Festival time again. Every year the festival manages to get great stars and awesome newcomers to take the stage at KKL in Lucerne. James Bay opened this years season and at the same time got to be the face of the entire festival this year.
The Blue Balls Festival started on Friday, shooting star of the year, James Bay, will be playing his first full show (he’s been her a couple of times before, but never got to play a full show). There has been a huge hype around James Bay during the last couple of months. Rightly so, James’ music is refreshing, super catchy melodies but also great lyrics.
The trip to Lucerne
You’d think a trip to Lucerne isn’t that hard or long, for that matter. I’m pretty sure James will not second that 😀 Why? Well, Urs Leierer, founder and director of the festival told us… A while after the first band, The Mispers, left the stage, Urs came up and informed us on what happened. James had some troubles getting to Lucerne (at that time has wasn’t even there yet!). The tourbus had some issues and wasn’t able to keep going, so band, crew and James’ (including his guitars) were transfered into 3 different cars in order to get them to Lucerne. The cars were speeding along the highways, and of course…. Got pulled over. Twice! After getting that all sorted, James did get to Lucerne. Just a little late 🙂 shortly after 11pm he got up on stage (most instruments had to be organized on short notice, since their own ones were still on the bus). But, the show must go on! Kudos to James and the entire band and crew for playing this show. Someone else might have just cancelled it.
Holy moly! This was one great show. Those people who thought this might be a more mellow or slow show, couldn’t have been more wrong. James totally rocked the stage, performed some great guitar solos and just totally convinced me from the very first second to the very last. The mostly female audience was singing along, dancing, partying and forming little hearts with their hands. The show was over in a heartbeat, the long time from doors opening to the moment James got on stage, was forgotten really fast.
My fave song „Best Fake Smile“ and „Let it Go“ – the song that introduced me to James Bay were my personal highlights. But also a wonderfull cover of Alicia Keys „If I Ain’t Got You“ got me goosebumps. It was just an all around great concert, just how I like them. 🙂
As you can see in the Video, we’re giving away a signed James Bay album. „Chaos And The Calm“ is an awesome collection of songs, I can promise you that much. So, whoever wants that album, this is how it works:
- A “like” on our Facebook-Page would be great, surely James Bay would be happy about a like as well
- Comment on this blog post with your e-mail address (address will not be published) so we have a way of contacting you in case you win.
Closing date for entries: August 2nd 2015 at 6pm
And here are a couple of pics of James Bay’s first swiss show!
Terms & Conditions:
- Eligible for this contest are all residents of Switzerland, Austria or Germany that are at least 18 years of age
- The winner will be notified by e-mail on the address indicated when entering this contest. The winner may be mentioned on this blog and the associated Facebook fan page or on Twitter.
- The data collected for this contest will not be passed on to third parties. The data will be deleted after the contest.
- With his/her comment under this post the participant recognizes these conditions
- No correspondence will be entered into in connection with the competition; all decisions are final and no cash alternatives to the prizes.