Concert Review & Contest: A tram-concert with Kelvin Jones
Well, this is definitely a concert to tick off my bucketlist. Kelvin Jones presented his Songs in a moving tram in Zurich. If you want to know more about this concert, keep reading. Further down, you’ll also get the chance to win something really cool.
Do you guys remember when we met Kelvin Jones last year for a short interview? Well, a lot has happened since. For example, he went on tour with Mark Forster and James Morrison and got to play infront of thousands of people. The tram-concert was definitely a little smaller and more intimate. Just the way I like it…
Let the Kelvin Jones tram-concert begin!
A little after 3pm the tram started rolling. The approx. 60+ guests got to their seats and were ready to hear some tunes. While the tram started to head towards the lake, Kelvin Jones began playing his songs. Oh, and guess what, the only speakers throughout the tram were these little UE Mega Boom speakers and man, let me tell you, the sound quality was great…
Every now and then Kelvin Jones did have to find his balance, it was a little shaky, after all we were on a moving tram. But that didn’t stop the brit to play songs off his album “Stop The Moment”. I was super happy that my favorite song „Good Together“ made it on the setlist too.
Great songs in a different version
A couple great fans got to be in the tram too. The 2 girls right behind me sang along to every song, Kelvin was obviously happy about their support. A little mashup of Aloe Blacc’s “I Need A Dollar” und Red Hot Chilli Peppers “Dani California” got pretty much everyone else to sing a long too…
I’m pretty sure this tram-concert must have been quite the experience for Kelvin Jones as well. During the gig he once said that usually at his shows, he’s reviewed on his voice and ability to sing. But this time the reviews will probably say something like: This was a really well balanced gig 😀
Call You Home for dessert
After a little less than an hour, unfortunately the whole thing was over 🙁 But of course, his big radio hit “Call You Home” came up as his last song after which he went through the tram and signed CD’s and took pictures with the fans. Half a year after I’ve met him for the first time, I can still confirm, he’s such a nice person, totally down to earth and just extremely lovable and very cute!
But now, let’s talk about the contest!
We’re giving away a brand new UE Boom 2 (provided by Ultimate Ears). And this is how you can win:
- A “like” on our Facebook-Page would be great, surely . Ultimate Ears und Kelvin Jones would appreciate a like as well
- Send us an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you should win the UE Boom 2
Closing date for entries: April 18th at 6pm (terms & conditions are at the end of this post)
Terms & Conditions:
- Eligible for this contest are all residents of Switzerland that are at least 18 years of age
- The winner will be notified by e-mail on the address indicated when entering this contest. The winner may be mentioned on this blog and the associated Facebook fan page or on Twitter.
- The data collected for this contest will not be passed on to third parties. The data will be deleted after the contest.
- With his/her comment under this post the participant recognizes these conditions
- No correspondence will be entered in connection with the competition