Concert Review and Contest: Olly Murs at „The Showcase“ at Plaza, 18.12.2014
On Thursday it was time for another round of „The Showcase“. This time with british singer Olly Murs. I’ve seen him a couple of times already and I was never disappointed. This still hasn’t changed either. A few minutes late Olly Murs got on stage at the Plaza in Zurich. With „Dance With Me Tonight“ he started out and got the crowd warmed out. As always, his two background singers were there too. Their energy, dancemoves and of course their awesome voices are (apart from Olly himself) the best part of the shows.
During the show Olly kept cracking jokes and interacted with the audience. He got presents too. This one girl brought him Basler Läckerli… Olly’s attempt at pronouncing Läckerli was actually pretty good, but of course the crowd was in tears. It still sounded sooo funny! The entertainer was shaking his behind and hips like crazy. The teenagers in the front rows were ecstatic and wouldn’t stop screaming 🙂
This time Ollys pants didn’t rip either. Not like that one time in Stuttgart (when he was supporting Robbie Williams) when his pants ripped down the back mid-show…
Most of the songs were from his earlier albums. A couple new songs did make it on to the setlist though. Here’s Olly performing his single „Wrapped Up“
Just like always at these showcases it was over way too soon. A great show was ended with „Troublemaker“. The mainly female audience was impressed and probably madly in love by the time Olly left the stage 🙂 Some got to shake his hand or even got a selfie with the man of the hour. I’m sure most of the girls went home with stars in their eyes and super-happy. He seemed to really enjoy it too! At this point I want to thank 20 Minuten again for the tickets and another great „The Showcase-Night“.
For thos of you who didn’t get tickets, we’ve got a nice little surprise. We’re giving away:
2 of Olly Murs’ new album “Never Been Better” – SIGNED! (provided by Sony Music Switzerland)
What you need to do:
- A “like” on our Facebook-Page would be great, surely Olly Murs would be happy about a like as well
- Comment on this blog post with your e-mail address (address will not be published) so we have a way of contacting you in case you win.
Closing date for entries: December 26th at 18:00
Terms & Conditions:
- Eligible for this contest are all residents of Switzerland, Austria or Germany that are at least 18 years of age
- The winner will be notified by e-mail on the address indicated when entering this contest. The winner may be mentioned on this blog and the associated Facebook fan page or on Twitter.
- The data collected for this contest will not be passed on to third parties. The data will be deleted after the contest.
- With his/her comment under this post the participant recognizes these conditions
- No correspondence will be entered into in connection with the competition; all decisions are final and no cash alternatives to the prizes.